THIS PAPER IS AN OPTED PAPER WHICH THE CANDIDATE OPT AS PAPER II. SYLLABUS OF ENGLISH FOR PAPER II IS GIVEN IN BRIEF FOR THE CANDIDATE WHO IS EAGER TO APPLY ONLINE FOR JHARKHAND STATE HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER VACANCY 2017. THE QUESTION WILL BE ASKED FROM SECTIONS LIKE GRAMMER, POETRY, NOVEL AND DRAMA. JSSC HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER VACANCY ENGLISH SYLLABUS 2016 IS PROVIDED BELOW.
SYLLABUS OF ENGLISH FOR JSSC HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER VACANCY 2016
- Developments of Indian Writing in English (Poetry, Novel, Short Story, Non- Fictional Prose, Drama and Literary Criticism) from 1830 to Present Day.
- Grammar : Agreement of Subject and Verb Noun and Verb, Forms of Verbs, Sequence of Tenses; Voice Narration, Transformation, Phrases, Clauses, The Use of Modifiers, Prepositions, Infinitives, Gerunds, The Most Common Mistakes in English Usage etc.
- Letters and Applications of the following types: Official with various Government Departments, Job Application, Business correspondence between Organization and Consumers, Memorandum Memos, E-mail writing, Advertisements and Reports.
- Comprehension of standard prose Passage.
- William Shakespeare: – a. From fairest, creature we desire increase. b. Look in the glass. c. As fast as thou shall wane, so faster thou growest. d. When I do count the clock that tells the time.
- John Donne: a. A Hymn to God the Father b. Go and Catch a falling Star
- George Herbert : a. The Pulley b. Virtue
William Wordsworth :
- The Solitary Reaper
- Three Years She Grew
- John Keats : a. Ode to Autumn b. Ode to a Nightingale
- T.S Eliot: a. Gerontion b. Ash- Wednesday
- Earnest Hemingway : For Whom The Bell Tolls
- ii. Arundhati Roy : The God of Small Things
- William Shakespeare : Hamlet
- ii. George Bemard Shaw : Man and superman
- Indian Writing in English – K.R. Srinivasa lyengar
- History of English Literature – Legouis