IIT Kanpur Course Fees Admission Procedure 2018
The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur popularly known as IIT Kanpur. This institution was established on 1959 and became the third Indian Institute of Technology. It is located at GT Road- 15 kms from Kanpur city and is spread across 1055 acres of land. The institute has around 6478 students with 3938 undergraduate student. Candidate can also look for IIT Kanpur Course Fees Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Recruiting Company 2018 or IIT Kanpur Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Fees 2018 or IIT Kanpur UG Courses 2018 or IIT Kanpur Selection Procedure 2018.
The college supports Research & Development Program and the parts in which research is being followed may approximately be classified as Computational Fluid Dynamics, Bluff Body Flows, Aerodynamics, and Flight Mechanics etc. or Candidate can also look for IIT Kanpur Course Fees Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Recruiting Company 2018 or IIT Kanpur Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Fees 2018 or IIT Kanpur UG Courses 2018 or IIT Kanpur Selection Procedure 2018.
To get admission in IIT Kanpur:
Aspirants need to apply for JEE Main Exam.
If aspirants clear the first stage i.e. JEE Main, they need to appear for JEE Advanced. Admissions will be based on the rank acquired in JEE Advanced.
IIT Kanpur B.Tech Application Process 2018
Besides applying for JEE Main and JEE Advanced for admissions to B.Tech programmes at IIT Kanpur, aspirants also need to apply for JoSAA counselling.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA is responsible for the joint seat allocation process for admissions to 97 institutes including 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other- -GFTIs.
Fees of IIT Kanpur:-
The course fee is Rs 2.2(INR) lakh per year for students having parental annual income above 6.0(INR) lakhs. But if your parental income is between 1.0 (INR) lakhs to 6.0(INR) lakhs you need to pay only 1/3rd. amount of the actual fee (2.2 lakh/year). For below that you are eligible for free education.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences and Bio-Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility for JoSAA:-
- Students who are born on or after October 1, 1992 are eligible to apply. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) have been given a relaxation of 5 years.
- Aspiring candidates should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2016 or 2017.
- Candidate can also look for IIT Kanpur Course Fees Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Recruiting Company 2018 or IIT Kanpur Admission Procedure 2018 or IIT Kanpur Fees 2018 or IIT Kanpur UG Courses 2018 or IIT Kanpur Selection Procedure 2018.
- The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th Class Examination conducted by respective boards. For SC/ST students, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in this criterion.
- Aadhar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens who are taking JEE or Candidate can visit the official website of IIT Kanpur through http://iitk.ac.in/new/admissions .
Placement Status of IIT Kanpur:-
- Morgan Stanley
- Ispat Industries Ltd
- Patil Railway Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- TRDDC, Pune
- ZS Associates India Pvt Ltd.
- Surya Roshni Ltd.
- Futures First Info Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Tata Steel R&D, Jamshedpur
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL)
- Schlumberger Asia, Mumbai
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limite
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd.
- Transocean Incorporated, Mumbai
- Rio Tinto
- Deutche Bank
- Jindal Steel and Power Ltd.
- Evalueserve, Gurgaon
- Sterlite Technologies Ltd.